February 15, 2010

Park Cities Pad

I recently started working on a new project in Park Cities for a young lady with a refreshing sense of adventure.  When I heard she loves Kelly Whearstler I knew we were going to have fun!  We are still in the beginning stages, but I am loving the direction of this soon-to-be stylish pad.  I am so in love with these fantastic tufted French slipper chairs that are going to be recovered in a gorgeous indigo velvet with a peek of ikat on the back.
sahana ikat by schumacher         slipper chairs from again & again        luxury velvet by fabricut

The overall look of this project is a mix of traditional and vintage french furniture with a playful edge and feminine appeal.  Subtle pops of pattern along with classic textures like linen, velvet and silk keep the look young and fresh while still sophisticated.  A mix of materials (navy lacquered french commode, bronze coffee table, and mahogany lamp tables) come together in a "I didn't try to hard way".  And there will be lots of attention to detail with pillows, trims, accessories, artwork and lamps to complete the comfy yet glam room.  Here are a few more pieces that I have scoped out for her living room.



lamps by Arteriors 
(but not the crazy shade shown on the right!!!)
venetian mirror by wisteria

Since the client adores Kelly Whearstler I was delighted to run across this image of one of KWID's projects the other day.  This shot totally echoes the feel of our room, but instead of being inspiration - it was affirmation! 


No comments:

Post a Comment